Yoruba lecturer teaching position at Univeristy of Michigan

Forums Federal University of Technology, Akure Yoruba lecturer teaching position at Univeristy of Michigan

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      AlvanIkoku
      Keymaster

Yoruba lecturer teaching position at Univeristy of Michigan for a native or fluent-speaker.

Job Summary
      The Department of Afroamerican and African Studies (DAAS) in the College of Literature, Science and the Arts at the University of Michigan invites applications for an academic year Lecturer I position to teach Intermediate Yoruba in the Fall 2020 and the Winter 2021 terms. This position may be renewed for up to an additional two years. DAAS invites applications for the position as a Lecturer I to begin August 31, 2020 to teach one three credit course (33.33% effort). This is not a tenure track position. Successful candidates will teach a second-year Yoruba language course as part of the 2020-2021 academic year program.

Successful candidates will have demonstrated ability to teach lower-division language courses; must exhibit a willingness to devote extra time and effort to students outside class via additional office hours for individualized instruction (conferences); must provide students with regular performance feedback, devote some time to teaching critical thinking and language workshops in the classroom and provide students with weekly in-class and out of class language assignments.Applicants for this position are also expected to interact with and provide feedback to the DAAS Curriculum Committee, as appropriate, regarding student academic progress (or lack thereof) throughout the term. Teaching qualifications, teaching experience and evidence of outstanding teaching will determine the selection of a candidate.
      https://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/183907/leo_lecturer_i

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.