Nigeria Gets First Sports University In Africa

Forums Federal University of Technology, Minna Nigeria Gets First Sports University In Africa

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Ibda Solomon
      Participant

The Federal Executive Council (FEC) has approved the issuance of provisional licenses for the establishment of 12 new private universities across the country including the first Sports University in Africa.

Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, disclosed this to State House correspondents at the end of the Council’s meeting, presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday in Abuja.

“The proposed private universities are Pen Resource University Gombe, Gombe State, Al-Ansar University, Maiduguri, Borno State, Margaret Lawrence I -University, Delta State, and Khalifa Ishaku Rabiu University Kano, Kano State.

“Sports University, Idumuje Ugboko, Delta State, Bala Ahmed University Kano, Saisa University of Medical Sciences and Technology, Sokoto State, Nigerian-British University, Hasa, Abia State, and Peter University, Acina-Onene, Anambra State as well as Newgate University, Minna, Niger State, the European University of Nigeria in Duboyi, Abuja and the North-West University Sokoto,” he said.

The Sports University is founded by Prince Ned Nwoko and sited in Idumuje Ugboko in Delta State. The University is said to be the first Sports varsity in Africa.

The founder, Nwoko while speaking to journalists, expressed delight in the approval saying it will allow young Nigerians to do what they love doing.

“It took me a long time to get to this point, but I can speak confidently about this now. I went to China, Russia, America, and England and came back to put all the sports courses together.

https://leadership.ng/nigeria-gets-first-sports-university-in-africa/

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.